Nuada Medical Specialist Imaging
Dr. Muaaze Ahmad
The London Musculoskeletal Radiology Group at Nuada
Barts and the London NHS Trust
- Musculoskeletal radiology
- CT, MRI and ultrasound of soft tissue and joint disorders including sports injuries
- Assessment of early arthrirtis
- Royal College of Radiologists
- British Society of Skeletal Radiologists
- European Society of Skeletal Radiologists
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- Radiological Society of North America
Having completed basic surgical training and developing an interest in orthopaedics, I proceeded to train as a radiologist. Following my registrar training, I spent a year in Melbourne, Australia as a fellow in musculoskeletal imaging. This enabled me to further study and train in the imaging of orthopaedic and rheumatologic diseases. During the year I was able to gain experience at the regional sports medicine imaging centre.
Since my appointment at Barts and the London NHS trust I have continued to work in musculoskeletal imaging. During this time I have worked closely with sports and exercise medicine team and supported research projects in treating tendonopathy.
Additionally I have also been involved in research about imaging in inflammatory arthritis. I have taken an active role in training both undergraduate and postgraduates. I have published a number of book chapters and authored an interactive radiology anatomy DVD. I have also co-authored research papers about the management of soft tissue neoplasms and treatment of tendonopathy.